Monday, November 2, 2009

Berlin!

So it has been quite some time since I have been able to post a blog about all that is going o here in Europe. Since my last post I have been to Berlin, Corsica, France and have spent quite a bit of time here Lausanne.

I will start with Berlin though. We had a large group of girls and we all went together to Berlin. We took a really cool walking tour of the city and learned so much about the history of the city. We visited a few really nice art museums. One of them being a Renaissance museum that had art that we had been learning about in class. It was really neat to be able to see those pieces first hand. We had dinner at a Mexican restaurant that night of all places and ate the best hamburgers in Europe. Saturday, we visited a concentration camp. It was a really powerful experience and we had so much fun. Somehow I wound up on the outside of the camp and couldn’t go back through the gate cause it was locked. I may have been one of the first people ever to jump a fence back into a concentration camp. I bet the security guards who caught that on camera had a great laugh watching me. That night we went to dinner at an Indian Restaurant: one of the funniest nights of my whole life. We sat next to ten older women who began laughing at the snow hats my friends were wearing. The night ended with us all laughing uncontrollably at the older women dancing around the room in our hats and the water giving us all desert for free. Don’t be disappointed at our authentic German food choices because we got haggen-daz ice cream, bratwurst, and pretzels. Berlin was a gorgeous city and one of my favorite memories thus far. The countryside on the train ride was also phenomenal. All in all, we were all pleasantly surprised by Germany. The people were so nice and hospitable too. I can’t wait to visit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment